Tuesday, August 05, 2014

MAC x Maleficent Summer 2014 Collection

Hi everyone! This entry is kinda special because I have discovered my love for Maleficent thanks to the newly released "Maleficent" movie by Disney starring Angelina Jolie as the protagonist. 
The 2014 movie is actually told from Maleficent's point of view and how she came to curse Princess Aurora with the famous curse such that she becomes Sleeping Beauty.


To really up the hype for the movie, I actually saw this nail art tutorial on Youtube and recreated this look the day before watching the movie. Actually I was just bored and thought the tutorial was easy enough to recreate la #sadsociallife


Please check out her channel, I really love her nail designs! :)
And yes, I did manage to recreate most of the look save for the nails on my right hand because drawing the horns with my main hand was so tough I had to redo it twice :x #noskill #newbie
I didn't really make the horns as nice as Janelle in the Youtube tutorial but for a noob like me, it's quite a huge feat already la lol.
So without further ado, my Maleficent nails drawn by yours truly :D 

Angelina Jolie was on the cover of 8 Days that week. I subscribe to the magazine via their app because buying the physical copy is so wasteful. I throw them away into the recycling bin after reading actually.

Left hand with the My Dark Magic Mineralize Eye Shadow from the MAC Venomous Villains Collection in 2012 starring of course the cartoon version of Maleficent.

Right hand was much more simpler (polka dots for the middle finger!) pictured here with Revenge is Sweet Lipglass from the same MAC collection as the eyeshadow above.

Now onto the main objective of this entry - reviews and swatches of the items I bought from the MAC x Maleficent collection in conjunction with the release of the movie above.


The vinyl figurines you see here are from Funko Pop which Hidaya got me addicted to lol. The movie edition of Aurora and Maleficent are new releases and I told her to just grab it for me once they were in stock. Thank you Mas Hila :D :D :D (jangan membunuh saya ya! hoho.) You can purchase them at Simply Toys at Plaza Singapura level 7 opposite the cinema box office :)

Here's what I bought from the collection:

1. Natural Beauty Powder, USD$33.00
2. Anthurium Pro Longwear Lipglass, USD$22.00
3. Nail Lacquer in Flaming Rose, USD$17.50/SGD$24.00


I purchased the nail lacquer in the MAC Cosmetic stores locally because obviously nail lacquers cannot be shipped internationally but the other 2 items were part of my huge MAC haul with the Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collections which if I have time I will do reviews on. They have not landed on our sunny shores yet. I hope they don't because I am tempted to get the eyeshadow quad from the Sharon collection but I am on a self-imposed makeup ban till September lol. Which kinda got broken last weekend because I caved into the YSL Fall 2014 collection FML
Ok, enough chit chat really!
Swatches :)

The nail lacquer in Flaming Rose is a true red polish and the bottle is adorned with the Maleficent wings that is on all the items released in this collection. I only purchased this colour because the other colours released looked..... plain oops! Black and beige, really MAC? I just got this for collection purposes. The packaging is really to die for! >_<

Swatches on my nails in natural daylight

Indoor lighting

Here I applied 2 coats of the polish with a top coat. I find that if you really wanna be really careful about it, you can achieve an opaque colour with one coat but I like to pile on the polish to even out things a little. Under indoor lighting, the colour shifts to a dark red (not as bright as it seems pictured in the first nail swatch pic).
Wear time was typical of most nail polishes - it lasted about 4 days before the major chipping appeared. A huge chunk just fell off this morning as I'm typing this entry lol.

Next up, the Pro Longwear Lipglass in Anthurium. Oh, be still my heart!


This is a true red that applies opaque and evenly on the lips. However, as with all lip products, you really need to exfoliate well because this really picks up on the uneven surface of your lips if not applied on clean lips.
Formula wise, it is not sticky upon application but it does fade off after I drank my cuppa this morning! So boo for that *reapply diligently*.

Applicator

I don't have much experience with prolong wear lipglasses nor normal lipglasses from MAC but this applicator is slightly flat on both sides and I find that this allows me to apply the product more evenly onto my lips.

Hand swatch

And last but not least, the Natural Beauty Powder.


I had initially wanted to pass on this because this just looks like a normal powder to me. But look at that casing!!! LOL, yup that's right, suckered in by the packaging *waves white flag to MAC*.


The powder is really a peachy, skin toned colour powder. I was unable to get a good swatch of it on my arm because the powder just blended in so you get my drift here right? Anyway, I used it all over my face as a finishing powder (you can it for anything - blush, highlighter, bronzer ya dah ya dah) and it didn't really have good oil control. I was shiny in about....2 hours? And I would only recommend this for fairer skin tones to use.

Well, that's all folks for the Maleficent products from MAC. I'm really excited for the Simpsons collaboration for Fall. Autumnal collections are popping up left and right now (in August wtf!!!) so.... pray hope I don't spend as much I did for the Summer collections D:
Till then, adios folks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow it's very cute packaging, i want it >.<
Watch movie free
Watch box office

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...