Monday, August 04, 2014

Laneige Birthday Treat!

Hello! I'm here to blog about the Laneige Birthday treat that I won last month hahaha.

 
We appeared on the Laneige SG's Instagram that night lol! Thanks for beautifying my face hahahaha!

Really glad to have actually won this because frankly speaking I wasn't expecting to win #sonegative
But my birthday month always seems to hold a lot of surprises for me (July babies FTW!!) and... yeah I won it despite the overwhelming response from many of the Club Laneige members born in July.
You can read about the birthday treat here or keep a lookout on Laneige SG's Facebook page where they will announce the registration for the birthday treat. Good luck to the August - December babies yeah ;)
FYI this is only available this year because it is Laneige's 20th anniversary so probably won't have such events from next year onwards!
Ok, let's move on with the entry! Eggcited much to be primped and pampered so well by the team of makeup artists from Laniege and hairstylists from Blow+Bar.

I invited the bff, Jace and Wanjun along for this treat because they were the ones I had in mind when I submitted the entry. So that Saturday after our Last Romeo class, we had lunch at Plaza Singapura before heading down to Raffles Place to get to Blow+ Bar.
We were gonna have a beauty makeover, express manicure and hairstyling as part of the birthday treat.
Oh and the cool thing about Blow+ Bar is that they actually have a bar concept where they serve alcoholic drinks to their customers. We all had either cider (Somersby!) or champagne (I was the only one drinking it).

Blow+ Bar
One Raffles Place
One Raffles Place Shopping Podium #05-18
Singapore 048616
Tel: 64387005

Jacelyn and I did our makeup first while Sinhui and Wanjun did their hair first and then we switched places afterwards. Pretty fun to actually be getting makeovers from professional makeup artists despite me being a makeup addict because the techniques they used are pretty different from us mundane humans LOL!

Started with my bare face. I only slapped on sunblock before heading out of the house. #braverymuch

Wanjun getting her express manicure while Sinhui disappeared to wash her hair lol.

Wohoo makeup galore!


The makeup artist who did my makeup that day is Cynthia. She's actually stationed at the Laneige store in Tampines. I usually patronize the boutique store at Plaza Singapura because it's on the NEL and more convenient for me to get home lol so it was my first time meeting her that day.


After putting on BB cream and foundation and.... eyeliner I think lol. Eye pencils do not work on my lids T.T

Here's the palette I picked out for my eyes - Pure Radiant Shadow in No. 5 City Khaki

I wanted to go all full out smokey because I'm not very good at doing smokey eyes so I wanted to see how the makeup works on my eyes. Picked this palette because of that deep navy colour in the bottom right corner. Prettay! :D
But I do have to say the staying power of these shadows seem quite weak in comparison to other brands. The oils in my lids kinda made the shadows disappear after 3 hours. Boo. Maybe things will improve if an eye primer was used - Cynthia only applied a BB cream all over my lids as a base.

 

Wanjun and Sinhui's turn to put on their makeup. I actually told Sinhui to pick No. 7 Miss Twinkle (pictured below). The moss green is really lovely, very autumn de feel hahaha! You will see her eye look later below.

pic cr to Yesstyle

Totally living the taitai life here haha! One person do my hair, the other doing my nails LOL! Best.life.ever.
And we all had a hair mask done during the washing. Relax max!

  
Opted for large waves at the bottom of my hair to channel my inner Kpop star LOL!

Cynthia touching up on my makeup here after my hairstyling

Laneige also kindly prepared 4 bags of goodies for us! THANK YOU LANEIGE SINGAPORE :D

Birthday girl gets the bigger bag hehe xD

This is the bag for the 3 of them

Ta-dah! All done :)

With Doreen, brand manager from Laneige Singapore who took care of us throughout the entire time. 
Thank you dear! :)

With lovely Cynthia who did my makeup

Jace and her makeup artist

Group pictures! We all really looked quite different with the beauty makeover hahaha. Oops :P

All primped up and beautified! :)




Individual shots of the girls - minus me because I was the photographer lol.

Sinhui

See!! The green is really lovely!! 

Waterfall braids for her

Wanjun

Colored contacts really make the look looks different! Why I have astigmatism... D:

Jacelyn

She went for a softer, more pinky look


Here's a closeup of my eye look

We left at approximately 6.30pm and went to the toilet to camwhore lol. Super zi lian leh we all but.... we were all dolled up and nicely made up so why not right?

I'm contemplating perming my hair to this for the Korea trip at the end of the year






Shoo-ed everyone out because we were attracting weird stares from everyone in the toilet lol and then we went out to the area outside and the sun was still up. Great lighting = photoshoot time lol! Yup, finished camwhoring in the toilet then headed to next location to continue HAHAHA!

This girl super know how to pose for the camera hahaha

Gizibes for life *throws greasy Woohyun hearts*

We were trying to imitate Yonghwa lol! See reference below.

Sidenote: This episode of Weekly Idol with CN Blue is SUPER funny! LOL


Possibly the longest friend I've ever known heh


Spent a good 30mins to an hour trying to catch the last of the daylight before the sun set by taking OOTDs. I kinda failed very badly due to me being unable to pose naturally. Makes me salute those fashion bloggers  (You as well Carol if you're reading this lol) who can pose so naturally for the camera.
So below were the... nicer shots we took that day HAHAHAHA.

Wanjun & Jace


Le bff and I



You mei you feeling huh? LOL

I really like this picture of Jacelyn. Looks very 女神 haha

See I told you this woman can really pose lor haha!

黄金右脸 (oops don't kill me!)

黄金左脸 (don't kill me x2)

Alright, that's all for this post! Thank you Laneige Singapore for giving me and my friends this opportunity. I really enjoyed it a lot and am really grateful that we were all well taken care of by the team from Laneige and Blow+ Bar. And also to Melissa from Laneige who contacted me and telling me I was picked as the winner haha! 
I'm really interested to explore more of Laneige's makeup range. I have been a loyal user of their BB cushions - in fact I am still using the older version Laniege Snow BB Cushion - so I did pick up a Serum Intense Lipstick which I hope to review soon lol. *screams* Cheon Song Yi colour everybody!
Have also always been a loyal user of the Water Bank Gel Cream and I did pick up the eye cream and essence using my birthday discount last month so hopefully they will work wonders and make me look like Song Hye Kyo okay? xD 
Anyway, do keep a lookout for my review on Laneige's Pore Control BB Cushion coming up in the next few weeks! It's part of my "BB Cushion Challenge" that I mentioned in my previous entry haha.
Alrights, annyeong! ^^

2 comments:

Unknown said...

paula you look good with permed hair! :D

Paula said...

Ally lol! What are you doing reading this at 4.30am huh. Anw, thanks! Thinking of doing my hair like this for the year end lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...