Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sephora Haul!

I've been a really happy girl last week because I bought stuff from Sephora!
HEHEHE.
Now I want to say that I don't shop at Singapore's Sephora that much because it's way too expensive in my opinion.
Unless I know for sure that I cannot get the stuff online (cos the website accepts only US credit cards or it is OOS etc blah blah) only then will I buy it locally.
The rest of my makeup comes from overseas!
Sum-pah! LOL.
So last month was my birthday month and Sephora gives a free palette and a one-time purchase to get double points on your membership card.
Now I really wanted the free gift but not so much the points because I hardly shop at Sephora Singapore.
AND THEN I SAW THE WORDS 'SEPHORA EXCLUSIVE' & 'LIMITED EDITION'.
FML.
My wallet officially hates you Too Faced, yes you.

2 purchases in a span of 5 days!

So here's all the things from my tiny haul from Sephora

First up, Sephora Express Nail Polish Remover $17!



When I saw this I was like... do I really need this?
So I opened the lid and I was like "I wanna try this!"
I caved in last minute while I was paying for my stuff at the counter.
Additional 10% off Sephora in house brand due to National Day!
YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE! :)


I don't think you can see from the picture but the black thing is basically a sponge thingy flooded with nail polish remover!
You dip your finger in then just pull it out to remove all your polish!
Don't really know whether it works because I haven't tried it yet but it was shit cool enough for me to buy it just to try it lol.
So easy to earn my money >_<

Next item... Parallel Worlds Makeup Collection by NYX $39
It's a movie tie-in for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones that is showing soon in Singapore cinemas!
Don't think it'll open in time for me to watch before I fly off to Europe booooooo :'(
I had a pair of tickets for free from Sephora for buying this set.
Whilst stocks last everyone!

Box overview


What the set contains!

When you open the flap

A free look book is given! Nice.



What you get:
  1. Look Book
  2. Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul
  3. Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere
  4. Boudoir Mascara Collection in Le Frou Frou
  5. Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black
  6. Powder Blush in Pinched
  7. Smokey Eye Shadow Palette
Pretty good deal for $39 right?
That was what I thought so I caved in. Plus I hadn't tried NYX before even though I want to because it's so darn expensive here in Singapore!
One day when I go to US... One day...
Swatches and first impressions below!

Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul




I really love the colour! Feels so natural and good for an everyday look.
Texture seems good when I swatched it.
Will try more from this range if it doesn't dry out on my lips hehe ^^

Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere


So.darn.pretty!
When people raved about the Jumbo Eye Pencils from NYX, they weren't wrong!
I will wait till the day I go to the US to stock up D:
Colour was a pale champagne gold colour!
Can be used all over your lid for a one colour eye look in my opinion.

Boudoir Mascara Collection in Le Frou Frou


The bristles felt very stiff and all but it should be a very good mascara overall (I hope!).
I hope it doesn't turn my lashes into cockroach feelers T.T
Loving the CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Very Black that I'm using now.
Maybe I'll stock up when the website has a sale again heheheh!

Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black


Don't really like this. I know for sure I'm not gonna use this for sure because the tip is just so flimsy and thin!
It's just my personal preference I suppose because I really like my liquid liners' brush/tip to be thicker.
Took me awhile to scrawl the 'Hi' out lol because it was too thin.

Powder Blush in Pinched



Pretty coral pink colour with small specks of gold glitter!
I know I'll love this! I'm just a sucker for anything pink/coral and blush is my absolute weakness.
Ok, eyeshadow too but I use more of my blushes la hahahahaha!
But this is a very natural colour and I think most if not all skin colours can pull this off!

Smokey Eye Shadow Palette






Sorry for the sucky swatches.
I couldn't get the correct colour to show up because of lighting but my thoughts are.... very chalky :(
The colours do look gorgeous in the pan though! Pity they were soooooooo chalky.
WHY NYX,WHY!? 
Overall I think this is a good set if you're like me and haven't tried NYX before.
Else skip it and stick to NYX must haves like their Jumbo Eye Pencils and powder blushes and lip products.
I've never really heard any beauty gurus rave about their eyeshadows. Now I know why :x

Final item I bought with money: Too Faced Loves Sephora 15 Years of Beauty Palette $75




Now I really love Too Faced's eyeshadow palettes!
They make it so darn pretty and this one is no exception!
Love that they added in a matte bronzer, a shimmery bronzer, a blush and small powder brush!
The Too Faced Shadow Insurance is one of my favourite eyeshadow primers.
I have like... 3 tubes FML still waiting for me to use them lol.
This set comes with a look book as well to show you how you can use the products inside if you're a noobie like me!


It's a really nice metal palette... kinda like those old school pencil boxes that had a magnetic flap.

All products swatched according to how they are arranged in the palette!







I love the colour pay-off of the eyeshadows! Sooooooooooo goooood! (Y)
And that 2-colour bronzer is just... to die for please!
Buy it everyone! I hope it's not sold out yet lol.
Overall, I think it's a good palette if you wanna try out Too Faced products plus it's a collector's item!
So yay to limited edition stuff :D
I just get a huge thrill in acquiring such items even though it kills me everytime something gets sold out so quickly (ahem, M.A.C I'm talking about you -.-")
Pleasant surprise for my trip to Sephora after such a long time! (my last trip to Sephora and actually buying something was like... Dec 2011)

And finally the item I went into Sephora for: Sephora Mini Makeup Palette Gift Bag!





Not bad for a freebie! I like free makeup heheheheh.
I asked the bf to collect it for me and they wanted to give him some men facial wash (wtf no way!) but luckily he asked them to give him this instead.
Dear Sephora Singapore, don't anyhow change your free gift leh /judging you/
But anyways do sign up for Sephora's membership if you haven't! It's freeeeeeeee and you can collect points!
So till the next haul (I have another huge drugstore one! Wanna see?), bye! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...