Friday, August 16, 2013

Gardens By The Bay

Hello all!
Sorry for the lack of updates... I've started a new job!
And I will be uprooting from Singapore to Germany & Switzerland at the end of the month till before Christmas.
It's really exciting yet scary for me - it's the first time I'll be away for so long from my family.
At times I'm amazed at how I said yes so easily >_< but nevertheless please pray for me while I'm there!
I'll be there for work training and hopefully I can do some travelling around the 2 countries I'll be in on my off days so do expect tons of travel pictures soon! :D
Come back ok, please don't abandon me hahaha!
I promise to be more hardworking in my updates :P
So getting back on track on my week long break from work, the bf and I visited Gardens By The Bay because we had the car!
My first time there so quite excited even though plants do not interest me.
But since I had the time why not right?

Face of the day! Unemployment i.e. no stress and more sleep is good for my complexion!

Gardens by the Bay
18 Marina Gardens Drive
Singapore 018953
For directions, please go to their website!


The weather was crazily warm that day and we bought tickets to the 2 conservatories because both were air-conditioned! LOL
Please note that Singaporeans and tourists have different rates ok! Remember to bring your IC along~
I used my NTUC card to get an additional 10% off!



First stop: Flower Dome!


Structures outside the entrance


When you walk in...


I was expecting like bright flowers blooming all along and I saw this....

... okay...


View from the top!







Bf wants this in our future home wtf!






So if you explore the area when you first enter... all you see are green plants!
Like really all green. I wasn't very interested but they do have alot of interesting plants!
Things that you wouldn't expect it to grow in this manner lol.
When you walk down the stairs you'll see all the flowers!









And from this point onwards my camera died so the rest are all taken with my iPhone 5 hahaha.


Hari Raya Puasa was coming so there was a section there featuring some Malay decoration and flowers!




After that we made our way to the Cloud Forest which in my opinion is more worth it to spend your money on.


BECAUSE IT HAS A 7 STOREY FREAKING WATERFALL INSIDE!



Of course flowers are everywhere too!


You can see MBS from inside!

View from the top


You take a lift all the way to the 6th floor and then you climb up 1 more storey and basically everyone just walks down slowly till level 1 again.
No kidding!
It wasn't very crowded because it was a weekday so it was a good date for bf and I!


Wanted to go to MBS to have high tea like a tai-tai but I was late for church so we had to leave!
I wished I went at night to see the lighting show but oh wells, another excuse to go back again but without entering the conservatories.
Ok this is a very brief filler entry.
BYEEEEEEEE gonna go and type my makeup haul entry hehehe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...