Thursday, May 22, 2014

10.05.14: A Day To Remember

Wohoo super hardworking me! HAHAHA. More blog posts hahaha because the bf has gone back to Taiwan and I am free at nights (yes, no social life sad die me).
Sooooooo let's see, I had a very awesome Saturday 2 weeks ago :D It is so awesome that I am actually dedicating 1 whole entry to it leh.



I finished BTD class *open party poppers* *\O/* *\O/* *\O/*
Yes, despite it being such a pain on my joints and that horrible scorpion move lol I actually managed to get up during the filming of the video. Thank you Jojo for being such a good instructor! :D
I always enjoy going to her classes because of the way she teaches haha. And yeah thanks Wanjun for dragging me into this class. I think I sorta lost some weight but put it all back thanks to the snacking in the office, oops!

Isetan Scotts was having a Japan fair and I got to know that Koyudo brushes were for sale there! So having skipped out on them in February because I was dead broke then, I decided to go there with the bf after BTD class before my hair appointment.
And luckily I did! Because I met one of my favourite Youtubers :D You'll see below.



But first lemme talk about the Koyudo brushes booth,
The Koyudo brushes are really so soft! I had the opportunity to play with each brush and slowly decide which ones I wanted. Motako-san even laid out some blushes and powders for you to try on the brushes and see the effect for yourself, which is something I really like.
The Hakuhodo fair at Takashimaya which I went in March didn't have such services although the booth was packed with sales assistants to help you select your brush choices.


Here's what I went home with from the fair:
- Fu-pa 01 (black handle)
- Fu-pa 14 (brush in the box)
- PBT Liquid foundation brush (pink handle)
I also bought the brush cleanser to clean the Koyudo and Hakuhodo brushes - I figured since I spent so much money on the brushes, might as well maintain them in their pristine condition as possible.
And now for the final part of why I am so thankful I actually went to Koyudo at that time - meeting Rae from www.theaeviewer.com or Raeview on Instagram and Youtube!


So thankful to have finally met one of my 'idols' because she lives in the US and what are the odds that I would even be able to meet her ever, let alone in my own home country? :)
She has inspired me to really pursue high-ended makeup brands and I have always followed her Youtube videos and blog posts religiously. Rae was actually browsing through quietly at the Koyudo booth when I noticed her because I saw her tattoo around her wrist. And then it hit me that it was really her! 
I mean, just that morning thanks to Instagram, I found out that she was actually in Singapore. I never thought that I would have the chance to meet her on the streets in Singapore because I'm quite the 'suay' person.
Ya, so anyway the bf egged me on to ask her for a picture because he saw me gushing like mad how much I really like Rae and I'm glad I did ask her for a photo op in the end.
Thanks once again Rae, hope to see you back in Singapore soon :D

Headed for our haircut with my usual hairstylist, Jaren. I have been a loyal customer of his since my poly days, wherever he goes like to different salons, I will definitely follow suit because I like how well he is able to cut my hair the way I like it.
The bf also needed a haircut so Jaren cut his first while I got my hair shampooed.


Did a hair treatment because of how badly damaged my hair is thanks to subjecting it to daily blow-drys.
Amazed by how soft my hair feels after the treatment lol. But alas, now that almost 2 weeks has passed, the damn humidity in our weather has killed it once again. Boo.




Happy with our haircuts and then the bf and the hairstylist actually went on to discuss Tower of Saviour. Apparently Jaren plays it as well omg. That game is the bane of my life! GRRRRRRRR. 

Here's them exchanging IDs pffft

Passed by the LINE pop-up store outside Wisma Atria. I love LINE alot if you know me personally, it's the only app that I use with my close friends i.e. the bf and the gzbs and XZ+Carol. The stickers are to die for!! I wish they came out with Woodstock only stickers though, sure buy one me! LOL.

 

Anyway, the queue to enter the store was damn long but we still queued. Went out empty handed cos all the merchandise were damn expensive wtf! Took the pics with the mascot figures though so yay!
Dinner was at Koh Grill & Sushi Bar with Grace and Trevor. Plan was to go Sentosa initially but by the time I finished with my hair appointment it was almost 6pm so... nope, postponed till Vesak Day haha!

 


Ended the night with dessert at Haagen Daz. Went home to KO and still gushing about meeting Rae lol.
So yup, that's all about my epic Saturday! I need to cherish this memory man haha.
Alrighty, till the next entry bye :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...