Thursday, April 03, 2014

Female Singapore 40th Anniversary Issue Limited Edition Collector's Set

Hi everyone! I'm very excited to share with you the delectable NARS goodies from Female Singapore 40th Anniversary Issue Limited Edition Collector's Set.
Now I first knew about this piece of news from Instagram (@bagaholicboy to be exact) and I saw many beauty bloggers on my IG feed getting their hands on them.
I made the bf reserve a set for me at Kinokuniya Ngee Ann City outlet and he went to get it for me yesterday afternoon.


Told him to use 'lucky hands' to grab a set with nice NARS items because the items are actually given at random. Let's see what is inside this box of goodies!


I was anticipating the NARS mini(s) inside because I love NARS and its cosmetics - I just dislike the price selling here in Singapore :(
I have heard that people have gotten either 1 or 2 of these items: mini lipsticks, lip pencils, lip glosses, cleanser but guess what I got..?


Wahahaha thank you bf for your lucky hands because I has (intended bad grammar) 2 NARS minis in my box wohoo!!




MOAR MAKEUP FOR ME!! *\O/*

Anyway, here's what 1 inside the box:
1 x Female Magazine
2 x NARS pouch (red and black)
1 x NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Aigle Noir
1 x NARS Larger Than Life Lipglosses in Gold Digger


These new NARS pouches are coming with me on my next vacation! The inside is actually waterproof and they are big and roomy, long enough for putting in brushes (have I mentioned I made the jump and invested in some Hakuhodo brushes last weekend?!). Plus I like the colours (red is my favourite colour by the way and black is just a universally pleasant colour).



Here are first impressions and hand swatches of the items I received in my box. Aigle Noir was a Holiday 2009 release while Gold Digger was released in Summer 2012. Both are permanent items listed on the NARS website.


Aigle Noir is a black shadow infused with gold glitter, something that I would not typically use for the fear of looking like a panda. But I am glad to have gotten it to try this out as a base colour or maybe if my skills are quite good, eyeliner! LOL.


Gold Digger is part of the Larger Than Life Lipglosses which I love because of the smooth applicator. This is a clear gloss with gold shimmer flecks and maybe some bronze bits inside which I think would be gorgeous as a stand alone gloss or over an orange lip colour.


I dug out my normal sized Larger Than Life Lipgloss and a Satin Lip Pencil (sorry, don't own any Soft Touch Shadow Pencils) for comparison.
I was surprised at how generous these minis are! 

Larger Than Life Lipgloss 
Normal size: 0.2 oz 
Mini size: 0.11 oz

Soft Touch Shadow Pencil
Normal size: 0.09 oz 
Mini size: 0.07 oz

HUH!?!?!?!? Thank you NARS Singapore for being so generous!! :D

Sleeve of box with what I guess to be the types of minis you may receive

I'm really happy to get my hands on this limited edition box set with products of such a huge quantity for mini sizes.
And the best thing is...it's only SGD$18. I had a 10% discount because I was a Kinokuniya card member.
Thank you very much Female Singapore and NARS Singapore for being so generous!
Happy 40th birthday Female Singapore, I'll try and read your magazine at least once okay! HAHAHAH.


As mentioned, I bought my copy at Kinokuniya Ngee Ann City (it's at Level 3!) and I asked the bf if there were very few stock left.
He told me there's still alot of sets available so not to worry if you haven't got a copy!
Go and rush out and buy it, remember to pray to the makeup gods to gift you with more items inside the box before you pick a set.
I am extremely tempted to go and pick up another one because of the good price point for the amount of freebies inside plus you get a beautiful box to keep stuff in.
Alright, shared the good stuff already, see ya in another entry.
Hope to get my blogging groove back :D
BYE! :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...