Saturday, February 08, 2014

YSL Spring 2014 Nail Polish No. 49 Rouge Pablo (Swatches/Review)

So I was at TANGS on CNY Eve with Jacelyn because I had to get a NARS Satin Lip Pencil for my cousin in Indonesia and she wanted to get some stuff there too (Curse you TANGS membership card! LOL).
And we dropped by the YSL counter because I was tempted to get the new Gloss Volupte 01 but it was out of stock  as well as GLoss Volupte 49 :(
But I remembered the nail polish from the Spring collection was mad pretty so I asked the BA for it and it was in stock! *\o/*


She applied one coat for me on my nails to try and I immediately said "Please give me a new one!"
The polish was so opaque after one coater and so CNY appropriate hahaha!
Went home and immediately applied it to 'huat' for the new year :)

Pictured here is one coat of the polish without top coat

Application was very smooth, the brush of the polish was some what similar to Dior's (wide and sturdy brush ftw) which is my favourite type of nail polish brush.
I decided against putting a second coat on it and just went to dig out a gold glitter in clear base polish to add some gold colour for even better luck while I'm playing 'ban luck' over the first couple of days of CNY hehe.
Applied them on the tips of my nails and finished off with my Seche Vite top coat for a glossy finish.


Don't you just think it's a very gorgeous colour? :)
It's already a week since I did my nails with this colour and it hasn't faced any major chipping, just the usual wear and tear around the sides of my nails.
Add points for long lasting nail polish! Good job YSL!
I also picked up the YSL limited edition eye palette for Spring 2014 because I couldn't resist - too pretty already! Will do a review once I manage to find an occasion to play with it.
YSL Beaute counters are located at TANGS Orchard and their flagship boutique is located at ION Orchard. 
They are really fast becoming one of my favourite high end beauty brands (first love still Chanel but can fight la lol).
Went for the TANGS 12% rebate sale a few days back and came home with 4 new lip products from YSL.
Hope to play with them sooooooooooon! 
Ok talk again soon, bye! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...