Friday, May 10, 2013

Review: Tim Ho Wan Singapore outlet!

I finally went to try out Tim Ho Wan at Plaza Singapura's new extension, previously The Atrium.

68 Orchard Road
#01-29 Plaza Singapura

Directions to get there via MRT: Alight at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station either via the North-South line, North East Line or Circle Line! It's an interchange station so it'll get quite confusing so just remember to exit at Plaza Singapura's exit (nearer to North East Line)

I screamed in joy when I first read that Tim Ho Wan was opening in Singapore. 
No more flying to HK for cheap and yummy dim sum!
Last year on our graduation trip, we ate like hungry monsters at the Sham Shui Po outlet in HK, even going back for a second time during our 5 day trip #foodgluttons

May 2012 in Hong Kong at Tim Ho Wan's Sham Shui Po outlet

And yes, I have been dreaming about their baked char siew paus since..... forever.
It's different from our usual pau which is steamed. The crust of their char siew pau... HEAVENLY.
So dear Juyin's bf kindly went to queue on behalf of all of us who were working/busy. Queue was relatively short for the day and he managed to get to the front of the queue within an hour odd.
But they were only willing to seat him if at least 5 out of our party of 6 arrived. *gulps*
Ehmmmm... whysounflexibleweallhavetoworkwhat:(
Ok so I managed to reach there before 7pm, just in time to get the table.
 
Packed to the brim


It was so packed and the queue was so long!!! GASP.
But thank you Chunwei for queuing for us! :D I will repay you by.... bringing Juyin to see Minho in Korea hehehehe xD
They gave us 2 tables that was meant for 4 person for the 6 of us.
SQUEEZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 

By the time we ordered Round 1, the table was full liao. I never gobbled my food so quickly in my life O.O

Then Lirong placed the orders for us based on whatever we could remember from HK.
I MISSED THE MA LAI GAO TOOOOOOO D:

 
Glutinous Rice. Not too bad. The table beside us right, everyone ordered 1 portion each. The 6 of us shared 1 only :x


 

We ordered all 3 of their chee cheong funs. There was the usual char siew one, beef and... something else that I cannot remember. Not as fantastic as I remembered it to be D:

Beef balls with tofu skin. Don't like :(

Ma Lai Gao! Please order this like... at least 3x hahahah. It's so fluffy and nice! But the texture was definitely way better in HK than in SG. Another tip: Please eat it whilst hot because once it cools down it tastes like crap. True story. Tested and proven by me HAHAHA.


Star item: Baked char siew paus! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH T.T

We ordered 3 each so that was like... 18 char siew paus in total for 6 of us and we maxed out. They apparently placed a limit on the number of char siew paus you can order. It comes in threes and each table could only order 6 plates.

So yummy they deserve a solo shot of me and the bun ROFL.


Fried beancurd skin. Very nice! Thumbs up!!

Springrolls were meh in my opinion.

Carrot cake was meh too.

Ok this is one thing I remember disliking the taste of it in HK. Still don't like it :(

Har gao.

Steamed beancurd skin

Siew mai.

Osmanthus jelly, or 'gui hua gao' as we say in Chinese. VERY NICE PLEASE ORDER!!!

Yam Sago which I didn't enjoy cos I don't really like yam except for yam rings.

And that was all we had for this meal.
The menu seems to be smaller than the one in HK if I didn't recall wrongly.
If you haven't tried the HK version, you can give the SG outlet a try.
It will seem very nice and then when you have the opportunity to try the HK one, you'd rather fly to HK actually.
I've previously tried the HK version of their dim sum and I think I spoilt my tastebuds there T.T
Nothing seems comparable to the HK one and... I wouldn't queue again for it in SG.
Not when the freaking queue can go up to 4 hours during peak periods.
Someone just buy me an air ticket to HK again please D:
Alright, enough about dim sum.
We went to Nana's Green Tea for desert after that.


Everything matcha. And red bean. I DON'T LIKE :(

But the company makes up for it la :)
Bf finally hanged out with the uni friends and talked alot of nonsense
I cannot wait for our Korea trip next weekend heh!
Need to fully record everything down so maybe I'll do a travelogue.
Bought the new Chanel Summer collection over the weekend.
Hopefully I won't be so lazy and post some pictures of it.
THE NAIL POLISHES ARE SO LOVE I'M THINKING OF GOING TO GET THE 3RD ONE THIS WEEKEND FML
Ok, had a very exhausting day today, going to work and taking half day to go for an interview.
I honestly do not know the kind of jobs I've applied for and everytime I go for an interview and get disappointed by it, I question why working life stinks.
Everyone still schooling, please enjoy it while you can.
GAHHHHH enough nonsense kthxbye tmr got work :(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...