Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My injury for 2012

gonna end 2012 on a really bad note :(
even if the world didn't end on the 21st of Dec, December 2012 is really a bad month for me.
I slipped and fell a couple of weeks ago at Compass Point on my way to work.
story of my life please. first time ever I was so injured in all my 23 years D:
cabbed to Compass Point cos I woke up late and cos I was rushing to catch my company transport, I wanted to bypass this group of secondary school girls who were blocking the pathway.
stepped out onto the pavement outside and wanted to run to reach the pick-up place quickly.
next thing I know, I was lying chest down with my palms facing down on the ground.
IT.WAS.MORTIFYING.
I have to add here that it was raining the night before so the ground was really wet and slippery plus I was wearing my Toms which doesn't really have much friction (I don't know why it doesn't have friction :x)
so down I went and I heard one of the girls ask me "Are you ok?"
I said I was ok but someone still came to hold me up and when I stood on my feet, my left leg was hurting like eff.
I thought I busted my ankle because my ankle area was really hurting like mad and there was really no way for me to go to work in that state.
so I limped over to my colleagues at the waiting area and told them I wasn't gonna take the bus cos I was injured and wanted to go see the doctor.
then I took the bus home and climbed an overhead bridge to get home D:
Jace freaked out really badly when she realised I did that but at that point in time, the pain wasn't that bad.
and why didn't I cab home after that? cab to Sengkang and fall down liao.
super suay already, didn't wanna waste more $ leh.

Took the left pic to show my colleague in office how horribe my jeans and knee was.

can you imagine how much worser it would be if I was wearing a skirt or a dress? :/
till today I'm thankful I chose to wear jeans that day even though my knee bled and I suffered 2 huge ass blue black till even now.
and here comes even more horror: My new 3 month old iPhone 5 D:
the phone was in my hand when I fell because I have a habit of holding onto my phone so...
this was the outcome of the fall

Glass screen protector gone + my screen cracking like abstract art. *sigh*

really an expensive lesson learnt for me. I haven't done anything to my phone screen because it costs $350 to fix the screen via a 3rd party and $450 for a 1 to 1 exchange with my telco.
might as well buy another phone can :(
so I went home and.... iced my ankle + paint my nails.
zai right? LOL

From the Nars Andy Warhol collection with stickers from Nature Republic

cause the sinseh wasn't open till 2pm so I had to wait till after lunch before going to see him.
then I hobbled there in pain because by then the pain was excruciating.
he told me I landed on my bone and most likely there's a minor fracture + I pulled my ankle ligament.

All wrapped up in herbs to stop the swelling

the next day when I took off the bandage my feet felt better.
like a whole lot better so I took things easy for the next couple of days.
Sinhui and Jace came over to my place and we watched Second Invasion DVD on my com hahaha and they painted their nails from my extensive collection LOL.
after that they had dinner with my family and went home.
felt so loved *throws hearts like woohyun*
went back to work on Monday with a bare foot.
my boss was an ass to make me walk to him so many times.
maybe I should have just told him I wasn't ok yet :x
then leg itchy over the next few days went to watch movie with Sinhui, Xmas shop with Jace and Sinhui and Xmas shop with my mum and bro till the other ankle swelled really badly.
outcome of my leg itchiness:

Another visit to the sinseh but a different one from my first one

I went on Xmas Eve so can you imagine :/
went for mass in this state then when I went to Rach's house last night for our gathering, her dad wrapped my ankle in tape to secure it (Thank you Uncle!) and I'm still wearing the tape around my ankle now.
am really trying to stay off my feet for awhile especially with all the activities happening this time of the year.
sigh, dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is for my foot to heal.
Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...