Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Food escapades

HI :D
just a heads up, do not read this when you're hungry cos everything's all about food.
I'm currently on a diet (that doesn't involve exercise WTF i know right) lol by simply cutting out fast food from my diet but uh... I just had Mcdonalds Samurai burger for lunch complete with fries :(
so... *throws diet out of the window* LEGGO! :)
couple of weeks back met the cousin for dinner and catch up at nex after work.
we had Jap food! bloody expensive but relatively alright.
altho the portions were humongous and we should have just shared la and saved the $$ hahaha.

My meal

The cousin's meal

Sogurt

we headed for yoghurt cos dinner was too sinful hahaha and ice cream was just.... a bad thing altogether la so chose the lesser evil and had yoghurt instead.
Sogurt's yoghurt is quite yummy! can give it a try the next time you're around nex or something.
you just dispense however much yoghurt you want then add the toppings yourself.
the staff will then weigh it then ta-dah you pay!!
and.. I finally paid a visit to Paris Baguette at Wisma Atria.
like.. finally!! met Laura & bff for brunch one Saturday after my tuition.

Look at Owner's Name xD

so the pastries and cakes looked uberly heavenly. no pics cos.. I was lazy :D
but we all ordered mains and they were bloody over-priced as usual.
I mean $18 for an omelette :x I can buy how many trays of eggs with that uh?
and yet still sucked into paying for it ORZ

Laura & I got the same main. Omelette with feta cheese, wedges and salad.

Sinhui got the croissant with mushroom and bacon. This was awesome!

I'm itching to go back and try the pudding cos I only had a mouthful from Sinhui's that day.
we were too full to stay for dessert so we went off to seek for.. bubble tea hahaha to sit down, chillax and bitch a little.
It was William's birthday a couple of weeks back and the gang wanted to go try french cuisine and we went to Saveur.


this place is so freaking awesome I tell you.
mains were reasonable, I mean foie gras at $9 only?! WHUUUUUUT.
the bill came up to $111 for 5 of us and.. that's alright given we had starters, soup and a main each.

We all had different mains. From top left clockwise: Duck confit, poached egg with lean pork, steak and some chicken thingy with rice hahaha. Sorry, forgot the name :x

Foie Gras. Heavenly.

I think my only grouse was that waiting time was crap!
we queued for 1 hr and a half just to get a table and by then I was... mad hungry.
so my advice would be, either be there uber early (they don't take reservations btw) OR come at a later timing before their last orders at 9.30pm.
oh and portions aren't very big so just a heads up!

Dessert at Bugis Junction cos we were still hungry! :3 My mango and sago with pomelo

Caesar salad with chicken for dinner 1 day after work from my house kopitiam lol

met the rest again for dinner at Ah Loy Thai this time cos I didn't go with them last time.
so while at Saveur I said I wanted to go here for dinner.
so go we did hahahah!
met the guys at Tanah Merah mrt after work then headed to Kembangan to force Kel to drive :P

Food we ordered to share

Us Part 1

Us Part 2

it was Rach's birthday that day so everyone was like Whatsapping her the food to make her hungry LOL!
after that we went to Tom's Palette which is opposite Ah Loy Thai for ice cream! xD

My salted egg and yuzu ice cream!

the salted egg ice cream is.to.die.for.
OH.MY.GAWD.
everyone, shelve your diet plans and just order this!
so awesome and yummy! plus they even had 10% off for students and my cup of ice cream only cost me $2.90.
cheap anot?! hehehe.
another random pic of the gado-gado I had with my mum one Sunday after church.
praise God for allowing me to spend much more time with my mum cos she accompanies me to church weekly and after that we'll head out for some lunch followed by shopping.
tai-tai life, I like ;)

Ayam Penyet restaurant at Far East Plaza!

so the bf is like finally back from his more than month-long trip to Taiwan.
he even took a short trip to Japan and went to USJ without me :(
I was... semi-devastated because that is the land of all Woodstocks and he didn't buy me a 1.5m tall Woodstock home :(
BUT HE DID BUY ME THIS :P
...Ippudo's cup noodles from Japan's 7-11! :D
awesome or what? I specifically asked for this cos I tried it the last time I was in Japan and I was mind-blown away by how ingenious the Japanese are.

Ippudo's cup noodles in the packaging

All the condiments and noodles

Just whack and add everything inside...

..and ta-dah! After 3 minutes.

Here's a copy of the one from the restaurant at Mandarin hotel that I had with my mum after church some Sunday.

I drank every single bit of the soup base.
it was.... heavenly. hahahaha.
I still have like 3 more sitting at home + my USJ Snoopy cup noodles.
can't wait to try the Snoopy ones!
the fishcake has Woodstock on them OMFG :O
and another random pic of the ngoh hiang I had at Simpang Bedok last Friday!


I didn't have tuition last Saturday so Laura and I decided to have brunch to catch-up and we went to Epicurious at Robertson Quay.
I've tried their dinner courses before and while it wasn't that impressive (I'm just a very hard person to please la hahaha!), it wasn't that bad either if you get what I mean?
soooooo had an awesome weekend with Laura. I mean company was good, food was relatively good too but... they got Laura's drink wrong D:

The left one clearly doesn't look like Pink Lemonade

This is the correct one hahaha!

My omelette

Laura's baked egg

FOOOOOOOOOD :D


Instagrammed my omelette

Close up of Laura's awesome egg! ZOMG.

we chatted for a bloody long time. think it was close to 3 plus before we decided to leave hahah! and then we went to All Good Things Cafe nearby.
but was fairly disappointed with how small it was :(
and having to walk there for so long... it kinda made it really not worth it haix.
BUT!! This souffle cheesecake is da bomb!
Albeit pricey. This cost $6.50 leh.



Let's do this more often L! :D
so I went to the hawker centre opp Chomp Chomp with the bf and my mum for dinner.
had the zi char again.
PUMPKIN PASTE PRAWN WO LAI LE!!!! :D 

This.is.heaven.

and I went to Bugis Junction on Sunday after lunch at Nihon Mura cos... I had diarrhea in the morning and didn't go to church :( <--- LOL I have no idea what I'm talking about here.
so I bought my belts from Bugis Village and went over to Bugis Junction to buy Twelve Cupcakes for the bf to try!
HOMG. SO FRIGGIN' EXPENSIVE YOU TINY PIECES OF FLOUR + BUTTER + CREAM + SUGAR!


But I am so sucked in by such things so I bought a box of six for the bf and a box of 3 for my mum to devour at my grandmother's house lol.
Went to meet Lirong, Juyin & Gan tie for our long awaited date at Dean & Deluca.
Juyin and I got stuck at Dhoby Ghaut MRT for some stupid reason.
couldn't board the northbound train at all and we just decided to walk to Orchard Central hahaha!
1st impression of the place: I like it.. I mean it's simple and it wasn't crowded even though we were expecting it to be.
maybe there was a reason why it wasn't that crowded hmmmmmm.


Lirong did the ordering

Waiting for our food! :D

My crappy $6 mango iced tea that had no taste :3

Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Bacon and egg burger

 
Up close of the burger. Quite nice actually.

Singaporeans' No.1 favourite hobby - Taking photos of food

Lirong is hard at work lol

American breakfast

Not that bad, but not that fantastic either

Berries and flapjacks! Yummiest dish for the night!

So soft.. and fluffy and.... airy LOL

I felt quite cheated actually.
Dean & Deluca was so raved about by many and yet the food was really meh.
you know we all had to wrestle to cut the sandwich up?
I mean I know it was a baguette bread but... how come the chicken also tasted like rubber?
was very turned off by that dish after taking a bite, I mean, crunching on the bread and attempting to eat the chicken.
BIG SIGH D:
and the drinks... :(
Juyin & I were adding sugar syrup like mad cos there was really no taste in our teas.
at the end of the day, I gave up and just... drank it like flavoured water like that :X $6 *heart pain*
nvm, it was the company that mattered :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...